lhs2TeX Build Failure

Dominic Steinitz dominic.steinitz at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Feb 28 03:24:56 EST 2009

The latest version (1.14) on hackage fails under

ghc --version The Glorious Glasgow Haskell Compilation System, version
6.10.1

Curiously, I think I built it at work under windows yesterday but maybe
I was using ghc 6.8. I can't check until Monday.

FileNameUtils.lhs:81:35:
    Ambiguous type variable `b' in the constraint:
      `GHC.Exception.Exception b'
        arising from a use of `catch' at FileNameUtils.lhs:(81,35)-(89,60)
    Probable fix: add a type signature that fixes these type variable(s)

FileNameUtils.lhs:98:44:
    Ambiguous type variable `e2' in the constraint:
      `GHC.Exception.Exception e2'
        arising from a use of `try' at FileNameUtils.lhs:98:44-57
    Probable fix: add a type signature that fixes these type variable(s)

FileNameUtils.lhs:118:35:
    Ambiguous type variable `e1' in the constraint:
      `GHC.Exception.Exception e1'
        arising from a use of `catch'
                     at FileNameUtils.lhs:(118,35)-(119,104)
    Probable fix: add a type signature that fixes these type variable(s)

FileNameUtils.lhs:122:35:
    Ambiguous type variable `e' in the constraint:
      `GHC.Exception.Exception e'
        arising from a use of `catch' at FileNameUtils.lhs:122:35-54
    Probable fix: add a type signature that fixes these type variable(s)