different flavours of Monad Template Library

Wolfgang Jeltsch g9ks157k at acme.softbase.org
Mon Jan 12 10:30:04 EST 2009

Am Montag, 5. Januar 2009 01:53 schrieb ajb at spamcop.net:
> I'm curious if anyone has tried restructuring MTL with coproducts
> rather than transformers.  Coproducts seem more "natural", if slightly
> harder to write.

Don’t know about coproducts but it sounds interesting. ;-)  Do coproducts
provide a way to compose different kinds of effects (state transformations,
environment dependencies, etc.)?  I always found it a bit annoying that types
like StateT don’t cover just one concept but two: a specific effect (state
transformations in this case) and composition of effects.

Best wishes,
Wolfgang