Policy question re: Haskell Platform installer on OSX

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jan 12 17:40:11 EST 2009

On Mon, 2009-01-12 at 16:35 -0500, Gregory Collins wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently writing a program to take Cabal libraries and turn them
> into OSX .pkg files, for the Haskell platform's Mac installer.
>
> Where should the libraries be installed? The current GHC installer plops
> them down into /Library/Frameworks/GHC.framework/Versions/xxx/usr, and
> my thinking is that I'll keep it that way so that we can piggyback on
> GHC's uninstall script. Otherwise the platform project will need an
> uninstaller of its own.

My guess is that it should be a separate framework, but if we could have
some hacker that uses OSX confirm that for us, that'd be great.

Of course another option in future is to simply have a single haskell
platform framework that includes ghc. Again, input from the OSX users
and hackers would be most welcome.

Duncan