what about moving the record system to an addendum?

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Mon Jul 6 21:28:54 EDT 2009

Well, without a replacement, it seems odd to remove it. Also, Haskell
currently doesn't _have_ a record syntax (I think it was always a
misnomer to call it that) it has 'labeled fields'. None of the proposed
record syntaxes fit the same niche as labeled fields so I don't see them
going away even if a record syntax is added to haskell in the future. I
would like to see the simple modifications to the record syntax listed
on this page though

http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/haskell-prime/wiki/ExistingRecords

and a reworking of the standard to not refer to the current system as a
'record syntax' but rather a 'labeled fields' syntax.

        John