ANNOUNCE: The Haskell Platform 2009.2.0.2

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Fri Jul 31 20:01:07 EDT 2009

We're pleased to announce the third release of the Haskell Platform: a
single, standard Haskell distribution for everyone.

The specification, along with installers (including Windows and Unix
installers for a full Haskell environment) are available.

Download the Haskell Platform 2009.2.0.2:

    http://hackage.haskell.org/platform/

The Haskell Platform is a single, standard Haskell distribution for
every system, in the form of a blessed library and tool suite for
Haskell distilled from the thousands of libraries on Hackage, along with
installers for a wide variety of systems. It saves developers work
picking and choosing the best Haskell libraries and tools to use for a
task.

When you install the Haskell Platform, you get the latest stable
compiler, an expanded set of core libraries, additional development
tools, and cabal-install – so you can download anything else you need
from Hackage.

What you get:

    http://hackage.haskell.org/platform/contents.html

With regular time-based releases, we expect the platform will grow into
a rich, indispensable development environment for all Haskell projects.

Since the first release, there have been over 100,000 downloads of the
installers.

Thanks!

-- The Platform Infrastructure Team