ANNOUNCE: The Haskell Platform 2009.2.0.1

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Tue Jun 2 18:10:22 EDT 2009

We're pleased to announce the second release of the Haskell Platform: a
single, standard Haskell distribution for everyone.

The specification, along with installers (including Windows and Unix
installers for a full Haskell environment) are available.

Download the Haskell Platform 2009.2.0.1:

    http://hackage.haskell.org/platform/

The Haskell Platform is a blessed library and tool suite for Haskell
distilled from Hackage, along with installers for a wide variety of
systems. It saves developers work picking and choosing the best Haskell
libraries and tools to use for a task. Distro maintainers that support
the Haskell Platform can be confident they're fully supporting Haskell
as the developers intend it. Developers targetting the platform can be
confident they have a trusted base of code to work with.

What you get:

    http://hackage.haskell.org/platform/contents.html

With regular time-based releases, we expect the platform will grow into
a rich, indispensable development environment for all Haskell projects.

Please note that this is a beta release. We do not expect all the
installers to work perfectly, nor every developer need met, and we would
appreciate feedback.  You can help out by packaging the platform for
your distro, or reporting bugs and feature requests, or installing
Haskell onto your friends' machines.  The process for adding new tools
and libraries will be outlined in coming weeks.

The Haskell Platform would not have been possible without the hard work
of the Cabal development team, the Hackage developers and maintainers,
the individual compiler, tool and library authors who contributed to the
suite, and the distro maintainers who build and distribute the Haskell
Platform.

Thanks!

-- The Platform Infrastructure Team