Adding an ignore function to Control.Monad

David Menendez dave at zednenem.com
Thu Jun 11 16:14:22 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 2:57 PM, Henning
Thielemann<lemming at henning-thielemann.de> wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Jun 2009, David Menendez wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 1:53 PM, Sittampalam,
>> Ganesh<ganesh.sittampalam at credit-suisse.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> do _ <- getLine
>>>   return 3
>>>
>>> Ganesh
>>
>> Again, why do you think that? I much prefer the current syntax.
>
> http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Restrict_type_of_monadic_binding
> http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Do_notation_considered_harmful#Safety

Aside from assertions that this is a bad thing because you say so,
what evidence do we have that this is a problem?

Furthermore, I don't think it's appropriate for you to use the Haskell
wiki for unmarked opinion pieces like that. It gives new people the
false impression that this is the consensus view of the Haskell
community.

--
Dave Menendez <dave at zednenem.com>
<http://www.eyrie.org/~zednenem/>