Cabal install error msg

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Tue Mar 17 06:05:13 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-17 at 15:30 +1030, Mark Spezzano wrote:
> Hi all,

> I’m trying to do an install of OpenGL on Windows using Cabal
> I type

> >cabal.exe configure OpenGL

> And get

> sh: runProcess: does not exist (No such file or directory)

> What’s the  cause?

The OpenGL package uses a ./configure script which needs sh.exe and
various other programs. Cabal is trying to run sh.exe but it cannot find
it.

To build the OpenGL package on Windows you need to build it from within
an MSYS shell (which provides sh.exe and the other required tools).

There's also a ticket for the bad error message:

#403 Bad error message when running ./configure fails to find sh
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/403

It should be very easy to improve the error message. Patches welcome.

Duncan