Could iteratee depend on mtl instead of transformers?

Edward Kmett ekmett at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 19:33:05 EST 2009

For symmetry I agree both should probably be renamed.

What are the current breaking changes?

I gather from the discussion that State is no longer separate from StateT,
along with Reader, Writer, RWS, Error, mutatis mutandis to obviate the need
for both a base monad and transformer.

I guess the question is then, when should code start looking to changing
their dependencies over to monads-tf and monads-fd?

A cleanly demarked cut over would be useful to get us out of this limbo
state that helps nobody.

-Edward Kmett