ANNOUNCE: deepseq-1.0.0.0

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 10:47:58 EST 2009

On 19/11/09 12:17, Simon Marlow wrote:

> Ok, unless there are any further objections, I'll change the names back to
>
> class NFData a where
> rnf :: a -> ()
>
> and also add
>
> deepseq :: a -> b -> b
>
> but I'll leave the module name as Control.DeepSeq.

I made this change and uploaded deepseq-1.1.0.0 on Friday.

There's also an updated parallel-2.1.0.0, but after discussions with
Phil Trinder and other Parallel Haskell gurus, I think there may be
further changes forthcoming.  Upshot: the new version of parallel is
still changing, you might want to wait until things settle down
(hopefully not long) before switching.

Cheers,
	Simon