Haskell Platform package additions: decision time!

Ross Paterson ross at soi.city.ac.uk
Fri Sep 18 14:13:49 EDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 02:22:34PM -0700, Don Stewart wrote:
> ross:
> > I'm generally in favour, but one thing puzzled me: if some documentation
> > (e.g. major design decisions and examples of API use) are required to be
> > integrated before final acceptance, and are a good idea anyway, why not
> > expect them to be integrated when the package is proposed?
>
> We expect review will lead to additional documentation generation.

Sorry, I meant that the proposal content lists "major design decisions
should be described and motivated" and "For library packages, an example
of how the API is intended to be used should be given".  I would have
expected that these things should already be integrated into the package
before it is proposed.