cabal install c2hs problem

Antoine Latter aslatter at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 12:21:33 EST 2010

On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 11:14 AM, Chris Casinghino
<chris.casinghino at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This looks like a cabal bug and the folks on the c2hs list haven't
> responded, so hopefully this is the right place to ask.
>
> I ran "cabal install c2hs", which seemed to conclude succesfully.
> However, then running "cabal list c2hs" shows c2hs as "Not installed".
> I have observed this behavior on both linux and windows.
>
> On linux, despite the fact that cabal reports c2hs is not installed,
> packages which depend on it install fine.
>
> On windows xp, in what may or may not be a related error, cabal
> installing packages which depend on c2hs causes the error:
>
> "c2hs.exe: does not exist"
>
> I believe I am running the latest version of cabal on both linux and
> windows.

Hi Chris,

As far as I know, cabal is unable to track which executables we have
installed, so any package which is just an executable will always show
up as uninstalled.

It sounds like your problem on windows is that cabal-install is
installing executables into a directory which is not in your path.

Antoine