Most popular libraries not in the HP

Axel Simon Axel.Simon at in.tum.de
Sat Jul 17 10:56:23 EDT 2010

On Jul 16, 2010, at 19:10, Felipe Lessa wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 1:28 PM, Gregory Collins
> <greg at gregorycollins.net> wrote:
>> <briand at aracnet.com> writes:

>>> I would be happy with just cairo...
>>
>> Agreed!
>>

> Of course I also prefer just cairo over nothing at all.  However, if
> we bundle cairo (and pango, probably) it shouldn't be hard to bundle
> all of gtk2hs, right?  Is there a reason to include just cairo+pango?

As far as I can see, there is a gradual overhead of C libraries
involved here. The Platform could ship the following subsets of Gtk2Hs:

cairo
cairo+glib+pango
cairo+glib+pango+gio
cairo+glib+pango+gio+gtk

It's a question of how big the tar ball is and how much work it is to
bundle the C libraries with the Platform.

Cheers,
Axel