The state of Hackage: what are we doing about it?

Bas van Dijk v.dijk.bas at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 14:47:28 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 7:09 PM, Matthias Kilian <kili at outback.escape.de> wrote:
> - "Liveness" of a library, that is: does it still get updates? Does it
>  build with recent versions of GHC?

Note that Hackage already shows the upload date and for which versions
of GHC the package does and doesn't build.

> - Reverse dependencies -- how many other libraries and/or programs are
>  using this library (Maybe something for Hackage-2.0)?

My brother Roel created a patch for this. See ticket #576:
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/576
Also see our mirror Hackage that implements that patch:
http://bifunctor.homelinux.net/~roel/hackage/packages/hackage.html
The server automatically synchronizes with Hackage daily.

It would be great to have this in the regular Hackage however!

Regards,

Bas