dirs in Emacs/Vim in Cabal

Chris BROWN chrisb at cs.st-andrews.ac.uk
Wed Jun 30 13:38:18 EDT 2010

Dear Haskellers,

I am in the process of creating a cabal HaRe and I have run into a minor problem. I have an emacs and a vim script that HaRe uses to invoke the refactorer from the two editors. In those scripts, I point HaRe to a directory containing some libraries it needs to chase the imports of the modules. Cabal installs these libraries as data files into whatever prefix the user requests at install time. However, the problem I have is that it then requires a manual user intervention to manually configure emacs/vim to point to this new directory in the 'customizable' panel of HaRe.

My question is:
Is it possible to allow the emacs/vim scripts that I have know where this directory is automatically?

I hope someone can help,
Kindest regards,
Chris Brown.