Summary and call for discussion on text proposal

Kathleen Fisher kathleen.fisher at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 18:34:26 EST 2010

As a platform user and library developer, I'd rather that high-quality libraries like text be included in the platform
than not, even if the naming conventions are slightly different.  It isn't that hard to learn the naming quirks of various libraries, and it means I can rely on the library being present in a much wider collection of haskell installations.    Given the distributed nature of the development of the Haskell libraries that go into the platform, they are never going to be as coherent as they might be if a small team of people wrote all of them.  But then, the scope would be much smaller and the usefulness correspondingly less.

Just my two cents.

Kathleen