Contribution vs quality, and a few notes on the Platform process

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Thu Nov 11 11:08:07 EST 2010

On Mon, Nov 08, 2010 at 03:04:29PM +0000, Duncan Coutts wrote:

> and to stop us all from hiding behind "oh I thought you were
> going to do it" and "ah sorry I've been a bit busy".

Someone asked me the other day what the role of the haskell.org
committee chair is, and it struck me that what I see as the chair's
roles (making sure things keep moving, and ensuring that all issues
raised get resolved) are what was missing from the HP steering
committee.

What you've proposed is essentially that each addition proposal gets its
own chair, and maybe that is enough, but I wonder if the HP SC should
have a general chair too. The chair would ensure that someone realises
that they're responsible for a particular issue, perhaps encourage
people to make more proposals, start discussions like the Great Licence
Debate, and so on.

Thanks
Ian