Contribution vs quality, and a few notes on the Platform process

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Thu Nov 11 11:21:32 EST 2010

On Tue, Nov 09, 2010 at 11:18:37AM +0000, Simon Marlow wrote:

> This is moving in the opposite direction from what Ross suggests above -
> making the platform less of an aggregation mechanism and more of a
> single community project.  Could it work?  I'm not sure.  Clearly Ross's
> model would "work", but it would produce something that's less like a
> platform.

Steering committee, I think we need to resolve this question before we
can make progress. How should we proceed?

Also, is there a better list than haskell-platform at projects for
communicating with the steering committee? I don't see any addresses on
the committee list page:
    http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-platform/wiki/Members

By the way, I see Don Stewart is now listed as a steering committee
member; was that announced somewhere?

Thanks
Ian