Haskell Platform call for consensus: add transformers and revise the mtl package to depend on it

Yitzchak Gale gale at sefer.org
Tue Nov 16 07:21:17 EST 2010

Ross Paterson wrote:
> The "Upgrading to mtl-2" section in the above-linked page is a start
> in this direction.

Great! I copied some of that content to the wiki:

http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Upgrading_from_MTL_1_to_MTL_2
http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Incompatibilities_between_MTL_1_and_MTL_2

Please update the cabal file so that a link to this
content appears in the package description on Hackage.

On the wiki, I linked to these from the MTL page:

http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Monad_Transformer_Library

These pages are kind of a rough transcription from wiki to wiki.
Anyone who can pretty it up is encouraged to do so.

The MTL page sorely needs a brief description of the
various monad libraries and the relationships between
them:

mtl-1, mtl-2, monads-fd, monads-tf, mtl-tf, transformers,
monadLib,...

Thanks,
Yitz