Haskell Platform Proposal: add the 'text' library

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 7 20:08:06 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-10-04 at 22:34 +0100, Ian Lynagh wrote:

> As a general process point, surely we should just work out what API
> changes we think should be made, and if the maintainer/developers can't
> make them in time for the next HP release then the package can go into
> the following one?

That is correct. The package proposal process allows for exactly that.

        A package is considered as conditionally accepted if, by the
        discussion deadline, the libraries mailing list reaches
        consensus to accept it on condition that further minor changes
        are made. The agreed changes must be made before the package is
        included in any release. If these changes are made in time for
        the normal package freeze dates (as set by the release team)
        then the package is considered as accepted. If the changes
        cannot be made in time for the immediate major release but are
        made in time for the subsequent major release then the package
        is considered as accepted for that subsequent major release and
        does not need to be re-reviewed.

http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-platform/wiki/AddingPackages#Acceptance

Duncan