Haskell Platform Proposal: add the 'text' library

Vincent Hanquez tab at snarc.org
Sun Oct 10 18:06:20 EDT 2010

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 04:52:38PM +1100, Ivan Lazar Miljenovic wrote:
> On 10 October 2010 16:24, Bryan O'Sullivan <bos at serpentine.com> wrote:
> > Do we have a collective opinion about revision control or bug tracking for
> > Platform libraries? I'm about done using darcs for anything where I don't
> > need to. I've been thinking about publishing the repo, and hosting bugs, on
> > github instead. Any reason not to?
>
> I personally don't like sites such as github, gitorious, patch-tag,
> etc. for one overriding reason: projects are instantly oriented around
> the lead developer.

You can create organisations on github nowadays.

for example, you could create a haskell-platform organisation, with some users
having admin rights over the whole organisation. Then you have the per repository
level rights, where you can set who are maintainers.

Personally, i don't see the lead developer oriented view as a problem; it's not
that hard to update couple of links (cabal homepage/repository link on hackage
for example) to point to a new lead developer, an organisation, a project page,
or another site altogether.

--
Vincent