RealFrac methods for Double and Float

Daniel Fischer daniel.is.fischer at web.de
Mon Oct 11 06:03:38 EDT 2010

On Monday 11 October 2010 04:44:24, Antoine Latter wrote:
> I have results from my Intel-based MacBook, 64-bits, GHC 7 rc. The
> quickchecks failed to run:
>
> QuickChecking Double
> properFraction/Int
> qcDouble: qcDouble.hs:(10,10)-(15,5): Missing field in record
> construction Test.QuickCheck.Test.chatty
>
> QuickChecking Float
> properFraction/Int
> qcFloat: qcFloat.hs:(10,10)-(15,5): Missing field in record
> construction Test.QuickCheck.Test.chatty
>
> This is with QuickCheck 2.3.0.2.

Oops, I didn't even notice that QC-2.3.* was out, let alone that they added
a field to Args.
Sorry again.

> Take care,
> Antoine

Thanks for benchmarking.

Your numbers come as an unpleasant surprise.
The factors are generally lower than anywhere else I've so far got feedback
from, but what's really disconcerting is that the Float -> Integer
conversions are actually slower than the current, apparently.
I have no idea yet how that can be.

Cheers,
Daniel