Haskell Platform Proposal: add the 'text' library

Vincent Hanquez tab at snarc.org
Mon Oct 11 08:38:54 EDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 09:31:37AM +1100, Ivan Lazar Miljenovic wrote:
> On 11 October 2010 09:06, Vincent Hanquez <tab at snarc.org> wrote:
> >
> > Personally, i don't see the lead developer oriented view as a problem; it's not
> > that hard to update couple of links (cabal homepage/repository link on hackage
> > for example) to point to a new lead developer, an organisation, a project page,
> > or another site altogether.
>
> ... except we can't edit .cabal files that are already there with
> links to the wrong master repository.

Isn't that exactly the same when you have a new maintainer. surely this involve
uploading a new cabal file with the new maintainer stated in there.

Also you can't edit already uploaded hackage cabal files, you still can (should ?)
always make a point release to advertise to the world that you're the new
maintainer and the fact the repo url has changed.

But again, if there's strong feeling about the personal view vs the project
view, again, there's the way to solve that problem on github too.

--
Vincent