[Haskell-cafe] Bug in HTTP (bad internal error handling)

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Fri Oct 29 18:24:55 EDT 2010

On Fri, 22 Oct 2010, Sigbjorn Finne wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 9:35 AM, Sittampalam, Ganesh <
> ganesh.sittampalam at credit-suisse.com> wrote:
>
>> libraries@, what's the right way to proceed? Can I make a Debian-style
>> "non-maintainer upload" with minimal changes to fix urgent issues like
>> these?
>>

> I'd be much obliged if you could, and I do apologise for leaving all of this
> just hanging.

I've just done this. Thanks for the blessing.

4000.0.10 should fix the reported issue with fail and Either, and bumps
the base dep to build with GHC 7.0

> No time available for Haskell projects these days unfortunately, Opera
> engine development taking up most of my waking hours. Getting someone to
> take over HTTP would be best, or maybe rewrite it altogether..it is not the
> prettiest thing around :)

I'm not particularly keen on taking over maintainership, but I guess if
noone else wants it I could take it over and do at least minimal updates
like this.

Any other volunteers?

Cheers,

Ganesh