ANNOUNCE: reference 0.1

Maciej Piechotka uzytkownik2 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 17:55:01 EDT 2010

Reference is class which generalizes references and monads they exists
in. It means that IORef, STRef and others can be accessed by common
interface.

Currently it is of form:

class Reference r m where

1. There was a proposal to rename the class to MonadRef or
MonadReference. IMHO it would imply m -> r functional dependency and
therefore disallow the instances for both MVar IO and IORef IO

2. Should the functional dependencies or type famillies be introduced?
Personally I don't think so as I would like to allow all of the
following:

 - IORef IO
 - MVar IO
 - IORef (ContT IO)
 - MVar (ContT IO)

Any feedback mostly welcome.

Regards
PS. Darcs repository will be available soon