The libraries proposal process and containers
dons at galois.com
Fri Sep 24 13:07:27 EDT 2010
Milan just pushed all the following patches directly to the containers
repo, and closed all the tickets associated with the effort.
* Fix warnings in Data.Map and Data.Set.
* Finish the started worker/wrapper transformation.
* Merge all the OPTIONS and LANGUAGE module pragmas.
* Remove most INLINE from Map, Set, IntMap and IntSet.
* Comment tests and benchmarks on foldlWithKey'
* Worker/wrapper transformation for Data.IntSet.
* Compile only the benchmark source, not the Data/*.hs.
* Add criterion-based benchmark for IntSet.hs
* Add a testsuite for Data.IntSet.
* Further improve Data.Set balance function
* Further improve Data.Map balance function
* Changing delta to 3 in Data.Set.
* Changing delta to 3 in Data.Map.
* Correct Data.Set Arbitrary instance never to return unbalanced trees.
* Correct Data.Map Arbitrary instance never to return unbalanced trees.
* Improve Data.Set benchmark.
* Improve benchmark infrastructure and Data.Map benchmark
* Improve the performance of Data.Set balance function
* Improve the performance of Data.Map balance function.
* Improve performance of Data.Set union and difference operations
* Improve performance of Data.Map union* and difference operations
* Make the Set store the elements evaluated (bang added).
Have *any* of these patches been proposed for review? containers is a
critical library, and under libraries@ maintainance. This is not what
you do prior to a release.
Ian, Simon M.: did you get a chance to sign off on this?
More information about the Libraries