Proposal: Make intersperse lazier

Daniel Fischer daniel.is.fischer at web.de
Fri Sep 24 13:58:27 EDT 2010

On Friday 24 September 2010 19:00:40, Christian Maeder wrote:
> "leak" is wrong. My Benchmarks fail without optimization.
> (see attached log.txt)
>
> Christian

That's probably a problem(?) in Criterion.
If you move the functions you want to benchmark to their own module,
compile that with -O0 and then compile the benchmarking programme with
optimisations, it works properly.

I always put the functions to benchmark in their own module and compile
separately to prevent GHC from performing optimisations which it only does
within one module (and possibly for non-exported functions).
Who would've thought that is also necessary with -O0.