Data.HashTable performance

Thomas DuBuisson thomas.dubuisson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 05:31:38 CEST 2011

The hashtable in base is used very little by the Haskell community,
partly due to it being IO heavy and partly a result of its known
performance issues that no one seems motivated to address.  I suggest
you look at the unordered-containers package which is rather new but
positioned to become the de facto standard.  Currently, many people
needing a key/value mapping lean on Data.Map from the containers
package (a balanced tree).

Cheers,
Thomas