Proposal: Change to library proposal process

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Thu Feb 3 00:24:43 CET 2011

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 01:36:43PM +0000, Ian Lynagh wrote:

> I propose that proposals are instead started by sending a message to the
> list, and a ticket is only created when and if consensus for the change
> has been reached.

There was some discussion, mostly about where to put the patches, but I
believe ultimately consensus for making this change (with patches being
sent to the list). I've updated
    http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Library_submissions
accordingly.

There is also discussion going on about more radical changes, which
more-or-less mean stopping some or all packages being covered by the
process, but I believe that that is an orthogonal issue.

Thanks
Ian