Proposal: Applicative => Monad: Is there any consensus?

Sittampalam, Ganesh ganesh.sittampalam at credit-suisse.com
Fri Feb 4 10:53:16 CET 2011

http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/attachment/ticket/4834/base_new_mo
>> na d_hierarchy.dpatch
>>

> Ticket descriptions are immutable, so I couldn't update it when the
> patch and wiki diverged. There is a section in the Wiki page
> dedicated to describing the proposed patch.

OK, I see. Might be worth adding a note to that effect to the top of the
wiki page.

BTW I said when you first proposed this that I'm opposed until we have
language support that makes it easier to add new superclasses
non-disruptively, and that remains the case.

Ganesh