Data.HashMap: Strict or lazy by default?

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 03:37:43 CET 2011

Edward,

Thanks for your thorough reply. Note that we can still have the actual
data type be lazy in the values and thus have a Functor instance etc.
Strictness can be added at the level of functions. Knowing that we can
have all the lazy goodies the question is: what should be the default
API in terms of strictness and what should the module layout look like
(e.g. where should we put the lazy and strict insert insertWith
functions?)

Johan