Proposal: Change to library proposal process

Stephen Tetley stephen.tetley at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 13:43:29 CET 2011

On 5 January 2011 11:16, Gregory Collins <greg at gregorycollins.net> wrote:
[SNIP]
> From an interested observer's
> perspective, it seems like libraries@ is where good code goes to die,
> and I don't have the time, energy, or patience to endure it.

A standard library even if it is called "Hierarchical Libraries" or
"Base" is a very different beast to a growing application or library
starting ab ovo, though.

Many of the changes proposed on Libraries are controversial, I haven't
counted but I expect uncontroversial (and accepted) changes are the
minority rather than the majority of proposals (successful recent
changes I can see from my inbox seem to be adding applicative
instances for ST where they were obviously missing or fleshing out
some of the Control.Concurrent modules).