Proposal: keep Data.Map.foldWithKey

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 12:56:30 CET 2011

Hi Ross,

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 12:48 PM, Ross Paterson <ross at soi.city.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 12:32:29PM +0100, Christian Maeder wrote:
>> I wouldn't mind the additions even if committed for ghc-7.0.2, but can
>> we please start deprecations a major release later (and revert the
>> current spurious deprecation of Data.Map.foldWithKey).
>
> We can't do additions until 7.2 either.  We're talking about deprecations
> for 7.2 and removals in 7.4.  If we decide to do that, surely it would
> make sense for the deprecation of Data.Map.foldWithKey to stay in.

Could you please clarify why containers cannot process (i.e. bump
major/minor version numbers) independently of GHC. GHC can pick a
version by the time of each release, but in between releases it seems
fine for the library to be out of sync. I have two version of
containers installed without problem.

Johan