Applicative and parsec3

Christian Maeder Christian.Maeder at dfki.de
Mon Jan 31 12:36:52 CET 2011

Am 30.01.2011 06:16, schrieb Brandon S Allbery KF8NH:

> On 1/28/11 12:45 , Christian Maeder wrote:
>> I would rather see separate helper functions for lexing and comment
>> skipping than having them bundled as TokenParser or LanguageDef.
>
> Do we have a reasonable alternative to them, considering that the idea was
> to work around Haskell's lack of parameterized modules?  (And from my POV
> they look like helper functions already.)

There's no alternative as an extra package on top of parsec, yet.

The parameterization is only needed to ensure identical whitespace and
comment skipping for your tokens that is achieved by calling "lexeme" or
"symbol" in Parsec.Token.

Instead just (flexible) parsers for string-, char- and number literals,
comments, reserved names, etc. should be exported and "skipping" left to
users.

Christian