incorrect dependencies on template-haskell

Brandon Moore brandon_m_moore at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 3 20:47:44 CEST 2011

If so, the package should not be on hackage with dependencies that lead
cabal-install to try to upgrade it. I see three ways to fix this

  1) Remove template-haskell from the package index (perhaps keeping
      the documentation somehow)
  2) Strengthen the dependencies enough to force the GHC version
  3) Fix cabal-install to avoid the package.

I don't understand the situation well enough yet, but #1 sounds good
if the package is just on hackage for documentation links, and the set of
libraries tied to a specific compiler is the same for past ghc versions and
other compillers.

Brandon