Proposal: merge either into transformers

Mario Blažević mblazevic at stilo.com
Mon Dec 10 23:07:02 CET 2012

On 12-12-10 04:51 PM, Edward Kmett wrote:
> The problem with Data.Functor.Sum is that Data.Monoid exports Sum. While
> I don't think we should try to globally avoid all conflicts, I don't
> think we should go out of our way to pick up a conflict we don't have to
> have.

	Both Data.Monoid and Data.Functor.Product export a type named Product.
I guess you could argue that there was no choice in case of Product,
while Sum can be called a Coproduct.

	That being said, I don't care what the name is as long as it's
available from the transforms package. Do you want to push the proposal?

--
Mario Blazevic
mblazevic at stilo.com
Stilo International

This message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, copying, or
distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient(s) please contact the sender by reply email and destroy
all copies of the original message and any attachments.