Oddity with 'cabal install' in GHC 7.4.1

Conal Elliott conal at conal.net
Sun Feb 5 08:22:25 CET 2012

Hi Andres,

Thanks for the reply! Note that I get this message even running 'cabal
install' a second time after changing nothing. Is that scenario an example
of what you mean by a "potentially dangerous cabal invocation"? I've been
unable to avoid this error message by any other means that (a) 'ghc-pkg
unregister <package>' or (b) '--force-reinstall'. So far,
'--solver=modular' hasn't helped. So I'm hoping for something less
aggressive. In particular, in case nothing has changed, I want 'cabal
install' to succeed (exit code 0) so that my automated build & install &
release processes will continue rather than get stopped.

Regards, - Conal