enummapset merge into containers

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 18:54:08 CET 2012

Hi Ben,

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 8:07 AM, Ben Gamari <bgamari.foss at gmail.com> wrote:
> Not so long ago, it was suggested[1] that enummapset[2] might be a good
> candidate for merge into containers. Having found this package to be
> very useful in the past, I would find this quite nice. Would others find
> this a reasonable proposal? If so, what needs to be done to make this
> happen?

We need to discuss the pros and cons of making the API bigger.

An alternative would be for us to merge unordered-containers into
containers. HashMaps are as fast as IntMaps for any type that can be
hashed to an Int, like Enums, but is more widely applicable. However,
HashMaps are not ordered.

-- Johan