[Haskell-cafe] Announce: Haskell Platform 2012.2.0.0

Jens Petersen juhp at community.haskell.org
Mon Jun 4 03:16:47 CEST 2012

Congratulations on the release!

Thank you for all the hard work and great to see it come
out in this timely manner. :-)

> It's a relatively minor thing, but I noticed that the above URL redirects to
>
>    http://hackage.haskell.org/platform//
>
> which is incidentally considered a different URL from
>
>    http://hackage.haskell.org/platform/
>
> by Google's +1 service. Perhaps not surprisingly,
> http://haskell.org/platform redirects to the latter, single-/ Hackage URL.

I can reproduce this with Chrome, but not Firefox.

Equally surprising to me is that the number of slashes
also seems to affect the CSS presentation of the website
in Chrome.

// seems to give the Summer theme,
whereas / gives the Winter one!

Kind of weird.  Anyway I agree it would be better to avoid
the superfluous slashes if possible.

I am going build HP 2012.2 for Fedora 18 soon but
the first proper build may be after ghc-7.4.2 is released.

Jens