Haskell platform proposal: the async package

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 14:56:42 CEST 2012

I am making a formal proposal to have the async package included in the
Haskell Platform:

   http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-platform/wiki/Proposals/async

See the wiki paage for details, and a list of open issues for discussion.

I just uploaded the async package itself to Hackage:

   http://hackage.haskell.org/package/async-2.0.0.0

documentation isn't there yet, so I've uploaded it here:

   http://community.haskell.org/~simonmar/async/

I have set the deadline to 13 August 2012 (2 months' time), with
comments due by 13 July 2012 (one month).  There's plenty of time before
the next platform release anyway (scheduled for 12 November 2012).

Cheers,
	Simon