Proposal: add 'findLess' and variants to containers

Twan van Laarhoven twanvl at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 19:52:14 CET 2012

On 12/02/12 14:14, Twan van Laarhoven wrote:
> Discussion deadline: 2 weeks from now; Sunday, 26 February 2012.

The deadline for discussion has passed. There were no explicit votes for
or against, but 4 reactions that count as positive, and 1 as unconvinced.

The only issue seems to be the names:

> Thanks for the benchmark. In light of this and your other arguments I
> think we should add the functions. Lets settle on the names.

I have made a case for /lookup(Less|Greater)(Equal)?/, based on the fact
that lookup* functions return "Maybe x" values, while find* functions
return values without a maybe wrapper. But I don't really care that
much. Flipping a coin between "find" and "lookup" will also work for me :)

Twan