new major release of transformers package

Edward Kmett ekmett at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 22:48:18 CET 2012

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 4:26 PM, Johan Tibell <johan.tibell at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 5:08 AM, Edward Kmett <ekmett at gmail.com> wrote:
> > There was a discussion period on this about 6 months ago. We're just now
> > finally getting it all integrated. I'd rather not add new names for the
> same
> > operations.
>
> As a meta point, I fully sympathize that it can be annoying having old
> decisions questioned after the fact, but I think we should still
> re-consider them *iff* truly new information is brought forward. I
> don't know if that's the case here or not as I didn't follow the
> original discussion.

Of course, I wasn't trying to lay down the law.

Just that it was a rather late amendment and to indicate that I was
personally on the other side of the divide.

The proposal spoke about mtl, the fact that it impacts transformers was
more realized in hindsight.

http://haskell.1045720.n5.nabble.com/Proposal-add-state-to-the-MonadState-class-td4841549.html

At the time I'd said I'd get it in, I hadn't realized how much of it
actually fell to Ross as the maintainer of transformers.

-Edward