Bringing hs-plugins up to date

Ben Gamari bgamari.foss at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 20:57:15 CET 2012

On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 14:28:57 -0500, Jeremy Shaw <jeremy at n-heptane.com> wrote:
> Does this actually work for you? It builds for me, but when readBinIface'
> is called, it fails because the 'undefined' is apparently actually
> evaluated in GHC 7.4.1.

Hmm, frankly this fix was to get another package dependent on plugins to
compile (https://github.com/colah/ImplicitCAD). The program runs without
evaluating undefined, but I suspect this is just because I haven't hit
the relevant codepath.

After a fairly brief look at the relevant documentation, I must say I
don't see any easy solution to this. The undefined in question is a
DynFlags. It seems that DynFlags.defaultDynFlags can give us a DynFlags,
but unfortunately, it needs a Settings value (at least in 7.4), which
has no obvious. It seems the correct way to do this is with
parseDynamicFlags but, alas, this too requires a DynFlags.

Cheers,

- Ben