[Haskell] Hackage2 server testing

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Fri Sep 7 20:24:15 CEST 2012

On Sun, 2 Sep 2012, Ian Lynagh wrote:

> Dear Haskellers,
>
> I am pleased to announce that a test instance of the Hackage 2 server is
> now running at
>    http://new-hackage.haskell.org/
>
> The plan is to test the new server for 3 weeks (until Monday 24
> September), before switching over to Hackage 2 for real.

I have some question: Shall we only test the web frontend at
http://new-hackage.haskell.org/ or also the access via 'cabal install' and
'cabal upload'? How can I tell 'cabal' to use new-hackage instead of
old-hackage temporarily?

If I upload a package via 'cabal upload' then it appears at old hackage.
Given that we shall test uploading to new-hackage, what happens with
packages on September, 24th, that I upload to new-hackage today?

Best,
Henning