getModificationTime and directory-1.2

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Thu Sep 13 07:53:21 CEST 2012

On 12/09/2012 07:28, Simon Hengel wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 07:04:18AM +0100, Ganesh Sittampalam wrote:
>> The replacement is something like:
>>
>>   t <- getModificationTime path
>>   return $! fromInteger $ floor
>>          $ t `diffUTCTime` UTCTime (fromGregorian 1970 1 1) 0
>
> Not sure if it makes any difference, but I use:
>
>     floor . utcTimeToPOSIXSeconds <$> getModificationTime path

Thanks, that's much nicer. I missed utcTimeToPOSIXSeconds.

Since there hasn't been any support for the idea of the separate
package, I think I'll default to submitting patches for conditional
compilation to each affected project, and only make the separate
packages if the maintainers are keen.

Ganesh