Haskell Platform 2013.2 Proposal Status

Mark Lentczner mark.lentczner at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 07:33:13 CEST 2013

Well, I admit I am a bit tardy with this, and a few dates in the schedule
have come and gone. But have no fear, I think we'll be okay.

*All: *
Updated the time line the 2013.2 release:

   - *Today* — Call for proposals ends (no more proposals considered)
   - *April 15th* — Proposals decided, Initial version list
   - *April 22th* — First candidates
   - *April 29th* — Open issues resolved, Second candidates
   - *May 6th* — Final release candidates

*Proposals:*
These are the proposals being considered for 2013.2, and my
current assessment of the "rough consensus":

   - *case-insensitive:* general consensus for including
   - *attoparsec: *general consensus for including
   -
   - *unordered-containers:* general consensus for including
   - *hashable:* while there has been much discussion about what to do
   going forward, I see general consensus that accepting version 1.1 into the
   platform (which is required by other proposals here)
   - *OpenGL *&* GLUT:* these have been repackaged by Jason to meet all the
   concerns of the community. They include two new lower-level packages *
   OpenGLRaw* and *GLURaw*. General consensus for continuing to include,
   with the lower level packages, and upgraded to latest versions (yay!)
   - *JuicyPixels:* people like the idea of having a library like this one,
   perhaps even this one, but there is concern that this API hasn't baked
   enough. There is not enough consensus for including.

I give you all until Monday for any further discussion, and then we'll call
it.

*Versions*
I now call it official: HP 2013.2 will use GHC 7.6.2. Library maintainers:
Please get ready to answer my e-mail when it come a'knockin' on your inbox
with the version of your lib we should ship in this release.

— Mark "Chief Haskell Gift-Wrapper" Lentczner