Fix prelude definitions of abs/signum for Floats/Doubles

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Thu Apr 11 10:24:26 CEST 2013

Sounds good to me.

It would be fantastic if someone could investigate Levent's suggestion "Of course, implementations can take advantage of the underlying CPU's native floating-point abs/sign functions if available as well, avoiding explicit tests at the Haskell code; based on the underlying platform"

Otherwise we'll just end up adding an extra test and everyone's code will run a little bit slower.

Simon