HP 2013 packages shaping up...
mark.lentczner at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 19:18:14 CET 2013
Here's the state of platform as I see it shaping up for 2013.2:
Proposals in flight for 2013.2:
- *case-insensitive:* looking good - will require *hashable*
- *attoparsec: *looking good
- *JuicyPixels:* people like the idea of having a library like this one,
perhaps even this one, but there is concern that this API hasn't baked
- *OpenGL *&* GLUT:* there is a proposal to remove these. The HP
versions are very stale, and the new versions would require inclusion of
packages* ObjectName*, *StateVar* and *Tensor* which has not met with
approval. I would like to see those three packages removed, the modules
folded back into OpenGL, and put under Graphics.Rendering.OpenGL.
Proposals we need for 2013.2:
- *hashable:* required by case-insensitive, no proposal yet
Proposals I'd like to see for 2013.2:
- *unordered-containers: *though, perhaps Johan is going to meld that
into *containers*? I'd like to see the development plan for this (and *
- *aeson:* we need this in the platform, as JSON has become ubiquitous.
It requires settling *hashable* and *unordered-containers*.
Proposals that will take some more thought, hence not likely for 2013.2:
- *test-framework* & friends: these require a number of other packages
like *ansi-terminal* and *hostname*. I suspect they should all just go
in, but it will take some time to review and prep all that.
- *criterion* & *statistics:* both require a number of smaller packages
we don't have like *erf* and *math-functions*. Again, will take time to
Areas still looking for good candidates (if these are simple could make it
- simple db like dbm or sqlite support
- file utils for common file system manipulations
- 2D graphics - perhaps gloss and/or diagrams?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libraries