Can we move bytestring to github?

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 20:29:22 CET 2013

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 11:12 AM, Ian Lynagh <ian at well-typed.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 08:15:51PM -0800, Bryan O'Sullivan wrote:
> >
> > I know you're fond of darcs, but it's well established by experience that
> > we'll get many more contributions (both patches and problem reports) on
> > github.
>
> Have you got any evidence for that?

I looked at the contribution graphs for cabal and they seem to support
this. There's of course no guarantee that moving your project to GitHub
will increase collaboration. It depends on the project and other
circumstances as well.

That being said, many core library contributors use GitHub exclusively
nowadays.