[commit: unix] master: change notes (1461d21)

Ian Lynagh ian at well-typed.com
Sun Feb 17 22:08:43 CET 2013

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 08:52:41AM +0000, Simon Marlow wrote:

> So a good solution to this would be to have two version bumps: one
> for development (2.7.x.x) and another bump for the final release
> (2.8.0.0).  Then Cabal can make releases that relax the unix
> dependency to 2.7, which is fine because we'll never make a release
> of 2.7, it just keeps things working during development.

That sounded good, but while making the changes I realised that we are
also not meant to eagerly update our copies of libraries, in case the
latest versions aren't considered suitable for releasing with GHC. So
perhaps we're better off just making ghc-only changes for the bumps for
now, and sorting it out with upstream around release time.

For now I've just made ghc-only changes, anyway.

Thanks
Ian